*Introduced by Aya Forster
Yield: 2 servings
Prep: 5 min.
Cook: 20 min.
- 2 bone-in center cut pork chops
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 3 cups baby portabella mushrooms thinly sliced
- Several sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
-salt and freshly ground black pepper
4. Add pork chops with garlic and thyme
5. Sear the chops about 4 minutes on each side. If you have thin chops, sear about 3 minutes on each side.
6. Once both sides of pork chops are seared, remove sprigs of thyme. Pour red wine, and cook out the alcohol for several seconds. Remove the pork chops from the cast iron skillet
7. In the same cast iron skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter at medium heat, and add onion. Sauté for about 5 min until brown.